It reminds me of when I was a young girl. My grandmother had a beauty shop next door to her house and we would go over there at times. I would sit in that chair and spin, but only when my grandma Sue wasn't close by! (she would've had my tail if she knew). That was the highlight of my visit, so here is sit again...spinning.
Do you get that way? Overwhelmed by what is going on in your life. We feel like we are in this world alone and nobody understands the way we feel, when actually....many feel overwhelmed. I would guess the majority feel overwhelmed. Maybe its work, or sickness, or divorce, or kids, or finances, there are so many things that can give us an overwhelmed feeling. Mine mainly is my schedule; like how can I get all these things done?
Cast your anxieties on him, for he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)Why if we're anxious or overwhelmed is that such a difficult task? He cares for us, it says that right there, he wants us to give Him our anxieties. He is so much bigger than our troubles, soooo much bigger.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)For in John he tells us he has overcome the world. So work to give those things that are overwhelming you to Him...for if you do; He can overcome that for you. And what a glorious day that'll be.
No comments:
Post a Comment